Artists are the heart of the Arts in Education (AIE) program. Every community has talented professional artists - painters, actors, photographers, and more - whose creativity and imagination have the potential to change children's lives.
By participating in the AIE program, professional artists bring their expertise and creativity to small groups of students in private or public schools, childcare centers, senior centers and other non-profit organizations.
- To be eligible to conduct artist residencies in Adams, Franklin, Fulton, and York counties, new and renewing artists must apply through stARTSomething.
- stARTSomething will accept applications for new teaching artists. Artists of all disciplines are welcome - especially musicians and theatre artists - as well as those who make strong connections with literacy, mathematics, social studies, and/or science. Artists who are inclined to work with people older than 55 are encouraged to apply.
Click here for the 2017 Artist Application.
- To help artists complete the application successfully, a series of Informational Sessions will be scheduled in early January at a site near you.
- Individual artists and artistic ensembles or companies are eligible to apply to the program.
- Preference is given to Pennsylvania residents, although outstanding artists from other states will be given consideration.
- Artists and companies or ensembles that intend to work in multiple disciplines must demonstrate their qualifications and be approved to work in EACH discipline.
- A peer review panel judges applicants for artistic excellence, as judged by work samples, as well as credentials, education, communication and planning skills. The review process is competitive, but there is no limit to the number of artists who may be recommended for inclusion in the program.
- Once accepted into the program an artist participates for three (3) years and must reapply every third year to continue in the program.